The GIST OT Typing SDK is a software development tool of OT Typing SDK is a software development tool for Indian
languages on MS Windows. This is a set of software components that enables
software developers to facilitate the use of Indian scripts with MS Windows
applications. Unlike other solutions, the significant feature of GIST OT Typing
SDK is that it enables the MS Windows application to process UNICODE data
directly. UNICODE enables alphabetic sorting, transliteration and data exchange
and reusability in a uniform manner.
The GIST OT Typing SDK uses ActiveX Technology from Microsoft and provides a
seamless, transparent and self contained Indian language layer for data entry,
storage, retrieval and printing in Indian scripts for MS Windows applications.
It is based on COM standards and can be used with any of the latest application
development tools providing "OLE container' support. . Special bi-lingual Open Type Fonts to enable intermixing of English characters with Indian script character.
- Facilitates online sorting, indexing and complete editing control in 11 Indian scripts.
- No hardware or software based protection devices required to ship with your application.
- License to distribute the GIST OT Typing SDK components with the Windows applications.
- DOE/BIS phonetic INSCRIPT keyboard overlay common for all Indian scripts
- Four keyboards layouts available viz INSCRIPT, Phonetic English, Typewriter and Easy Phonetic.
- Script, Keyboard and Scriptkey properties can be changed dynamically.
- Using the floating keyboard, a novice user can type by using the mouse to click on the buttons.
At the same time user can type Indian language text using the keyboard.
The languages supported are:
Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu.
The GIST OT Typing SDK consists of the following main components:
Insertable GIST ActiveX Control:
- GType Control
- Sample Indian language Open Type Font.
- Tutorials that you need to create desktop Indian Language Applications for the PC-User.
1. Requires UNICODE compatible development environment
2. Requires UNICODE enabled Windows OS as the client